Saturday 8 January 2011

Hello

Hello,
My name is Emily, I'm 15 and I have a massive interest in music. I read NME weekly, as well as any other kind of music publication I can get my hands on. I want to become a music journalist, I couldn't think of a better career than writing about music. So I'm writing this blog to try and start that off, as well as having somewhere else to rant about how much I love Green Day or hate Justin Bieber than to my very patient friends. I'll be writing about artists I like, artists I don't like, reviewing albums or gigs I've been to, commenting on music news and writing about pretty much anything music related. I would also appreciate any writing tips from anyone!
So a bit about me and music. I've been playing guitar for about six years now and piano for quite a while, although I've only recently started having proper lessons again recently. As well as this I've been having singing lessons since the age of 11 and recently got accepted to the National Youth Choir of Great Britiain which I'm really excited about. I've got my Grade 4 in singing and am working towards Grade 4 in Guitar and Piano as well as Grade 5 Music Theory.
I can't really remember when I really got in to music as much as I am now. I think I started reading NME regularly about 2 or 3 years ago, so something like that. I've always enjoyed music but in the last couple of years music has pretty much become my life. I don't know what I'd do without my ipod, I don't mean to sound melodramatic but I'm constantly listening to it. I'm in to all sorts of music really, Dubstep, Dance, Electro, Soul, Folk, Rap, R&B, but my favourite genres are Punk/Rock/Indie. For me, a good song is made up of good lyrics that make you think or relate to something and obviously, good music to go with it. My favourite band is Green Day, no question. I got into them just after they released American Idiot in 2004, but in the last few years I've explored there whole back catalouge and seen them live twice, which were the two best nights of my life. Billie Joe Armstrong writes such amazing songs, the combination of music and lyrics as well as the messages the music sends are amazing. As well as that, I think they're one of the best live bands around. I know that's a bit of a biased judgement, coming from a massive Green Day fan, but Billie Joe makes the whole audience feel like they're involved, and that's coming from someone who has seen them live from right at the back (Row YY) of the LG arena in Birmingham and being right up against the barrier in Wembley Stadium.
So basically, I'm going to be writing about anything music related. Music's helped me when I'm down, livened up the dullest parties, turned the worst days better and given me some amazing memories
That's all for now,
Emily.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your blog is amazing because your amazing! keep up the good work :)
    wanna knw all about your music tastes and reviews.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'll keep blogging! x

    ReplyDelete