Wednesday 19 January 2011

James Blake

I haven't written in a while - I've been really busy, but I'm going to try and make this a lot more regular.
I've recently started listening to James Blake, who is probably the hardest person to fit in to a genre (iTunes describes it as electro/dance, and although I don't think it's really either of them, it's probably as close as you'll get to describing him). I heard his song "Limit to your Love" on XFM and completely fell in love with it. The mix of his voice, the piano, various types of drums and different beats in between pauses of complete silence makes for an amazing song. If I had read about him, rather than heard him, I probably wouldn't have botherd to listen as he doesn't sound like somebody I'd like, but I really do. I've since downloaded his "Klavierwerk" EP from iTunes and would highly reccomend it. I couldn't name hardly any of the instruments in it, they're probably mainly computer generated, but it has really opened my eyes to another genre of music which I haven't previously explored.
So, the moral of the story is to never judge an artist by their genre, and go and listen to James Blake straight away.
Sorry this is so short, I'll write something longer and better next time,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment